The Maynard Community Concert Band is among the longest standing traditions in the town of Maynard, Massachusetts with continual performances since 1947. The community concert band is a non-professional musical ensemble comprised of musicians from Maynard and it’s surrounding communities who demonstrate strong interests in playing music in a purposeful but non-stressful atmosphere.
The primary purpose of ensemble as an artistic ensemble are five fold.
- To provide an outlet for like minded musicians to develop their artistic talents in a musical family type atmosphere
- To give public performances of concert band music to encourage interest in music and cultural activities in Maynard and the surrounding communities
- To preserve the rich heritage that community bands and quality wind band literature, both original and transcriptions, have long provided to communities throughout the United State and across the globe
- To enrich, educate, and entertain the general public through live performances as well as to provide a source of cultural pride for the citizens of Maynard and the surrounding communnities
- To support the performing arts generally by performance in, promotion of, and participation in community events