The Maynard Community Concert Band is the longest standing tradition in the town of Maynard, Massachusetts with continual performances since 1947. The community concert band is a non-professional musical ensemble comprised of musicians from Maynard and it’s surrounding communities who demonstrate strong interests in playing music in a purposeful but non-stressful atmosphere.
The primary purpose of the band as an artistic ensemble is five fold:
- To provide an outlet for like minded musicians to develop their artistic talents in a musical family type atmosphere
- To give public performances of concert band music to encourage interest in music and cultural activities in Maynard and the surrounding communities
- To preserve the rich heritage that community bands and quality wind band literature, both original and transcriptions, have long provided to communities throughout the United State and across the globe
- To enrich, educate, and entertain the general public through live performances as well as to provide a source of cultural pride for the citizens of Maynard and the surrounding communities
- To support the performing arts generally by performance in, promotion of, and participation in community events
ABOUT THE BAND
The Maynard Community band is a group of musicians that love playing together and enjoy the social group. We generally have 25 to 35 musicians at any given rehearsal or concert. Although we have a wide variety of skill levels in the group from students to life long players, everyone is treated as an equal.
You’ll get a chance to play a variety of music including patriotic numbers, marches, show tunes, concert numbers, waltzes, marches, polkas, Latin music, big band and holiday presentations.
There is no audition needed to join the band and there are no membership dues. The only purchase required is that of an MCB band shirt. Typical dress is Black (dark) shoes, Black (dark socks), Black pants, topped off with the MCB band shirt.
JOIN THE BAND
The Maynard Community Band welcomes new musicians of all instrumental talents and ages to join us. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays evenings. Bring your instrument and a music stand. Check the rehearsal schedule to know where our next rehearsal will be held as we meet in a couple locations in Maynard.
If you have any questions about or are interested in joining the Maynard Community Concert Band, please fill out the form below or contact our conductor, Michael at 508-485-3171 or email@example.com